Friday, January 25, 2013

January 18: Florida!


I drove from Cordele, GA, to Fort Myers, FL, with a dinner stop in Sarasota with my fifth grade teacher, Arthur Borkowski! The only birding I did all day was what I could see from the car and at various rest stops, and it was dark by the time I left Sarasota, but I had pretty good luck at the run-of-the-mill Florida rest stops, just wandering around the periphery of the parking lots, and going on a nice little walking path at one. So I added 13 species, bringing my year total to 82:

  1. Wood Stork
  2. Double-crested Cormorant
  3. Anhinga
  4. Great Egret
  5. Little Blue Heron
  6. Red-shouldered Hawk
  7. Eastern Phoebe
  8. Carolina Wren
  9. Northern Mockingbird
  10. Palm Warbler
  11. Yellow-rumped Warbler
  12. Yellow-throated Warbler (This one was so close that I instantly regretted my policy of not lugging my big camera to every bathroom stop)
  13. Chipping Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment