Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 7: Brown Creeper opens another quiet day

Brown Creeper
This Brown Creeper was in the tree at first light, so it was hard to get a crisp photo.
I had a lot of work to do at home today, but started the day with a new year bird, the Brown Creeper. I'd had one at dusk the night before Duluth's CBC, so when we started out at first light on the CBC, we watched and listened and voila! I hadn't seen it since, but this morning here it was! And not just one, either--there were TWO. Brown Creepers are among my favorite birds for their quiet, gentle ways, something I'd not appreciate if I were an insect.


Otherwise, the day was quiet. I donated blood, so was a wee bit spacey in the afternoon.

New birds:
  1. Brown Creeper
Total for year: 42 (the answer to life, the universe, and everything!)

No comments:

Post a Comment